Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Visiting far-flung branches

 I visited the next group of libraries on 6/23/2012. No public transportation worked out; these far-suburban locations are often served by commuter buses, in-town in the morning, back out in the late afternoon. So for far-flung sites, I used Mapquest to plan a more-or-less circular route. With the sequence determined, I put the addresses in my GPS and set out. This sounds a bit cumbersome, but it worked well.

I used the same system for libraries in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, and Scott counties, when bus service was not available. There may have been a couple of cases when I could have taken the bus but chose to drive, but they were rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.