Tuesday, August 7, 2012

72. Washington County, Bayport

I counted three fireplaces. The interior is interesting, with a combination of fancy (in the reading room to the left of the door) and rustic (log walls and posts in the adult stacks). That big curved window on the right holds padded window seats alternating with bins and shelves of picture books, and there are more picture books behind it, in the J area. The shelves in the J area are fanned, as at Farmington; nice. I like seeing maps displayed on the walls, as I believe people are not sufficiently aware of geography. First branch I've visited that does NOT have self-check-out. Startling at first, then nice: the human touch.

8/1/12, car


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.