Monday, August 27, 2012

108. Pepin, Wisconsin (MORE Group)

I visited this library with a friend who summers in Pepin, and it really is a little gem. I should have written this sooner, since the visit was a month ago, but I hope and expect that I will be reminded of any major omissions.

The library is one of the smaller ones I've visited, but it is very welcoming has everything a library needs, and a few special surprises. The surprises include a "totem pole" based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (see picture) and a considerable display of Laura Ingalls Wilder materials, including books in Danish.

Almost all libraries these days have a shelf or cart of books for sale to help support the library, and this one is no exception. In fact, I think there was a cart of books in the entryway, and another in the library proper. Programming includes movie night.

OK, what did I miss?

Oh, I was actually able to get a library card here--but I didn't take out any books.

7/31/12, car


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.