Thursday, September 24, 2020

530 Dudley-Tucker Library, Raymond, New Hampshire


I convinced my GPS to avoid highways and toll roads, and had a wonderful scenic trip toward the southeast. First stop, Raymond and the Dudley-Tucker library. I took a batch of pictures, chatted with some friendly folks, and then Blogger decided to play games with me. After a couple of weeks of "try,  try again," and very little help from support (loosely defined), I found the key: a way to toggle between HTML and regular editing. Now I'll see if I remember what to say about the pictures! I'll start with my usual "here's the library" shot.


The plaque in front shows that the library dates to 1817 and had a centennial celebration in 1918, which would have been during the Spanish Flu pandemic. 
I was struck by this handsome staircase, and I especially appreciated that it provides handrails on both sides.

OK, before I headed down I turned and took a picture of the official library name. Under some circumstances I would change the order of the pictures, but I've been having so much trouble with the new user interface and the editing, I'll just leave this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.