Thursday, August 7, 2014

Petoskey, Michigan

Did you notice that Petoskey does not have a numbered entry? That's not an oversight. Through a combination of factors, not least of which was that I forgot that Michigan is in the Eastern time zone, I arrived at Petoskey just as the staff was leaving, at about 7:05. This library has been on my list of places to visit for a long time...since last summer, I think. But I had to settle for outside pictures, and I will of course direct you to their website. But I can't count it as a library visited, unfortunately.

I did have a nice, if brief, chat with a patron who was sitting by the employee entrance (well, in this case, egress). He pointed out to me the old library building across the street, and I thank him for that.

More info? Go to http://www.petoskeylibrary.org/. Compared to the pictures there, mine serve simply to document that I was, indeed, there.

8/4/2014

This walking labyrinth is part of the library grounds.

 This is the old library building across the street.


Approaching from the side. The fence surrounds a reading garden.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you will have to stop there on your return route!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's taken three years, but Petoskey is on my route for a May 2017 trip!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.