Tuesday, August 7, 2012

78. Hennepin County, Penn Lake branch, Bloomington

A few things puzzled me until I remembered that this branch closes next week for renovations. Didn't get a "chat about the renovations" vibe from anyone, so I don't know just what's up. Didn't see any drawings or plans. Some empty shelves, especially picture books and media. Quiet study rooms are limited to three people each. Language and Travel AV is shelved with the non-fiction books. Makes sense--only one place to look for certain books, and you still have language and travel sections, because they naturally end up together. The workroom was directly behind the Service desk; I wonder if they will keep it there? No harm in the patrons seeing people at work, and things can get done when the desk is not busy. 
8/4/12, bus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.