Monday, April 3, 2023

604 Meriden Library, Meriden, New Hampshire

 I've often mentioned my gps, without which I wouldn't be able to pursue this blogging hobby. It's a quirky bit of technology. Quirk #1, it  does not say "recalculating" when I miss a turn or otherwise go astray. Instead it quietly does the recalculating and sends me on a corrected route, often without me noticing. Quirk #2, it avoids highways. I taught it to do this; in most situations I don't care for highway driving. But this leads to Quirk #3, I'm unable to teach it to avoid unpaved roads. New Hampshire has a lot of unpaved roads. They can be tricky; they start out paved, or at least solid, and suddenly schlooop ..... it's mud season. All that to tell you that I had quite a time getting to Meriden!

Once there I found an attractive building that looks as if the exterior is almost complete; I saw someone leave, so I guess that interior work is being completed.

I took a few pictures, then headed to my next stop. I. headed along the way I had been going and quickly found...more mud! This time I was lucky, as a woman was in front of her house. In fact, she was the person I'd seen leaving the Meriden library minutes before. I explained my predicament and she first had me turn 180 degrees, back the way I had come. [Thank you, gps...not.] Then she dictated several steps and landmarks, and I got back on firm ground and was on my way.



I'll be back for a real visit when the new building opens...but not in mud season!

3/30/2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.