Monday, October 1, 2018

Libraries are Everwhere!



I have a friend who is traveling in Mongolia...she gets around the world far more than I do! She sent me this picture from the first stop on her trip. This library is in a yurt, or ger, and the traveler says, "Attaching a photo of a library ger at our first camp - quite a nice surprise. It was our first ger camp of the trip, at Ikh Nahr, in the Gobi. It really made me smile to walk in and find the 3 other voracious readers there!"

I'm familiar with the word yurt, but she explained that "yurt" is Russian, and the Mongolians, since independence, have used their own language for it - "ger."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.