- Des Moines, IA, Forest Avenue Branch
- Kearney, MO
- Independence, MO (home of Trixie the cat; Carnegie library)
- Bartlesville, OK (basis for movie "Storm Center" with Bette Davis, about a librarian fired for refusing to remove "subversive" literature from the library; true story)
- The Village, OK (a town actually named "The Village" intrigues me)
- Amarillo, TX
- Vega, TX
- Tucumcari, NM
- Albuquerque, NM, main library
- Gallup, NM, Octavia Fellin Library
- Gallup, NM, Children's Branch (I'm intrigued by a children's branch separate from the main library)
- Holbrook, AZ "The Library on Route 66"
- Show Low, AZ
- Globe, AZ
- Apache Junction, AZ, main library
I'll return without retracing my steps, of course. I'm looking at a route that will take me through Denver. If any reader of the blog knows of any interesting libraries that might fit my path--and my path is not yet determined--please respond here with the library name, the town name, and why I shouldn't miss it.
The trip is tentatively planned for May 2018. Yes, that's a lot of lead time. Hope to hear from you!