Sunday, April 5, 2020

Where are the Little Free Libraries?

I moved from Minnesota to New Hampshire earlier this week; all my stuff arrives on Tuesday. I'm under quarantine for another ten days or so. What can I do? Read, mess around on the computer, watch some TV (I made the mistake of getting TV after many, many years without it), and WALK!

I took long walks yesterday and today, a total of 7 or 8 miles. Yes, that's long for me these days. And in all that walking, how many Little Free Libraries did I see?

ZERO

Not one single welcoming little house on a post. Heck, I could show you a place in Minneapolis where there are six lined up in a row at the edge of a food store parking lot. Where I used to live in St. Paul I could show you at least six within a few blocks of my house, one of them right next door. What is it with these New Hampshire folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.