Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Placeholder

Greetings to all who have found their way here. I am traveling and visiting libraries, and it was my intention to post every evening about the libraries visited that day. And I said that to all the friendly library staff I talked to so far. Ah, the best laid plans...

First day out, I visited Rhinelander, WI; Iron Mountain, MI; Norway, MI; and Escanaba, MI. Then I stopped at a little motel, so little that when I told the check-in clerk that I had a reservation, her response was "Oh, you must be Ellen!" Not just little, but ... NO WI-FI! How did I manage not to check on that? Therefore, no blog entries.

Today my old and trusted GPS decided to retire. It spent an hour "recalculating" in an effort to make me go west rather than east, and finally just gave up altogether, throwing me back to a reliance on old technology, namely "road atlas" and "I'll try asking that guy." Today I visited the library in Lexington, MI and Simcoe, Ontario. Tonight I have wi-fi, as you see...but I left my notebook in the car and I simply don't have the energy to go and get it.

So it may be Friday afternoon before I catch up with entries for these six and the two I plan to visit on Thursday. Please come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and I will respond to them. Please be tasteful; comments that are in poor taste will be deleted.
Sorry about the "verification" step; I added it after a rash of spammish comments.